This course is a three-week course (3 classes in 3 consecutive weeks) for beginner and intermediate cooks to master Japanese full course meals. At the end of the 3 weeks you will be able to host a Japanese dinner party with knowledge of Japanese food culture & history.
Course Outline :
The course will start with a class scoping the essential Japanese basics of rice and dashi stock, followed by 2 classes focusing on one main dish, two seasonal side dishes and Miso soup of the day at each class. All classes are designed to be fully hands-on, catering an intimate group of up to 8 guests via online sessions. The course covers the various traditional cooking techniques, introduction of unique ingredients and table presentation tips.
What's included :
A pre-class package including an ingredients list, cooking equipment list and preparation guide for each class will be provided 2 weeks prior to your first class. Recipes and an online class link will be sent a week proir to each class.
Additionally the course offers one month unlimited access to your recorded classes. This allows you to revisit the class contents anytime at your own pace.
Class Duration : 2 hours
The course caters for Pescatarian, gluten free and dairy free.
Class 1 : 6pm, Wednesday 16 March '22
Japanese Rice & Dashi Stock 101 (Class details)
- Freshly cooked rice using absorption method
- A selection of traditional savory condiments for rice ;
- Caramelised Shiitake Mushroom & Kombu kelp in sweeten soy sauce
- Negi Miso : Leek Miso paste
- Miso Soup : Silken Tofu & Enoki Mushroom
- Osumashi : Clear Broth
Class 2 : 6pm, Wednesday 23 March '22
- Paper bag oven-baked white fish fillets and mushroom with sweet Miso sauce
- Shichimi spiced pan-fried mushrooms
- Daikon radish salad with Yuzu citrus dressing
- Osumashi : Clear dashi broth with small onions and olive oil
Class 3 : 6pm, Wednesday 30 March '22
- Takikomi Gohan : Seasoned steamed rice with mackerel fillets
- Ohitashi : Blanched spinach served with Ponzu : citrus flavour soy sauce
- Daikon steak : Slow pan-fried Daikon radish with sweet soy glazing
- Miso soup : Soy milk based soup with potato & onion
6pm Wed 16 Mar - 30 Mar : Master Course Online
- Cancellations are not refundable.
- Confirmed booking may be transferred to another equivalent class if more than 7 days’ notice is given in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or here.
- Confirmed bookings can be transferred to another person if more than 2 days’ notice is given in writing to email@example.com or here.
- Chika’s reserves the right to cancel any classes if the minimum number of participants were not fulfilled by 7 days prior to a class. Chika’s also reserves the right to alter or cancel a class without notice. Options of rescheduling to other class or a full refund will be offered in the event that the class is cancelled. For those who booked the class with a gift voucher, a new voucher will be issued.
- Recording or filming online classes and distributing materials provided to you throughout online classes are strictly prohibited.
- Chika's reserves the rights to record online classes.
- We do our best to accommodate certain dietary requirements, however it is not possible to meet all the requirements within a particular class structure. If you have any dietary restrictions, please contact us prior to booking.