Cooking rice and making soup stock may sound like such a simple bland task, however Gohan : Rice and Dashi : Japanese soup stock are the most important and fundamental elements of Japanese cooking.
This class covers all essential ingredients for Dashi stock and step by step delicate Japanese cooking methods.
It will be a perfect first step to open the door to Japanese cuisine for those who are new to cooking as well as to Japanese food lovers who want to explore Umami world in depth.
What you will learn ;
Four dashi stock ingredients
How to make Awase dashi : Fish based stock and Shojin dashi : Vegetarian stock
How to cook Miso soup
How to prepare and cook perfect rice without a rice-cooker
Rice varieties : White / Brown / Long / Medium / Aussie / Japanese etc.
How to store/reheat cooked rice
Freshly cooked rice with Nori sheet
A selection of traditional savory preserves
Osumashi : Clear Broth
Rice & Dashi Stock 101
- Cancellations are not refundable.
- Confirmed booking may be transferred to another equivalent class if more than 7 days’ notice is given in writing to email@example.com or here.
- Confirmed bookings can be transferred to another person if more than 2 days’ notice is given in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or here.
- Chika’s reserves the right to cancel any classes if the minimum number of participants were not fulfilled by 7 days prior to a class. Chika’s also reserves the right to alter or cancel a class without notice. Options of rescheduling to other class or a full refund will be offered in the event that the class is cancelled. For those who booked the class with a gift voucher, a new voucher will be issued.
- We do our best to accommodate certain dietary requirements, however it is not possible to meet all the requirements within a particular class structure. If you have any dietary restrictions, please contact us prior to booking.
- All participants are required to read and follow the Covid-19 precautions.
- Stay at home if you are experiencing cold or flu like symptoms, or you have been advised to self-isolate by a health authority.
- Arrive on time for your class to minimise contact and to maximise the 2.5 hours class time.
- Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds, using soap and water at the start of class.
- Wear provided gloves and face mask throughout the class.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then discard the tissue, otherwise cough/sneeze into your elbow.
- Wash your hands after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing, or using the toilet during the class.
- To support Victorian Department of Health and Human Services' contact tracing procedure, Chika's will collect all participants' name and contact phone number. If you make a booking for more than 2 person or on behalf of an actual participant, you will be required to provide contact details of the participant(s) prior to the class. We'll get in touch with you by email to collect the details once your booking is confirmed.