Shiratama dango is a small round poached Mochi (sticky rice cake) widely used for homemade Japanese desserts. In this class you will learn how to make silky poached Shiratama dango which are cooked in a sweet soy sauce glaze, to make Mitarashi Dango. You will also make a Japanese style sundae. This class will be perfect for those who are interested in authentic Japanese desserts that are simple and easy to cook at home.
Class Duration : 2 - 2.5 hours
Time / Date :
- 10:30am Sat 22 Aug ‘20
What you will learn;
- How to make ;
- Shiratama dango : poached round mochi
- Mitrashi dango : sweet soy sauce glazed Mochi
- Japanese style sundae
- Modern culture of rice cakes in Japanese society
The class is designed to be a combination of tasting and hands-on session. It caters an intimate group of up to 4 people with minimum 2 people. You will taste all the food you prepared as the class proceeds with complimentary traditional Matcha green tea. Detailed recipes will be provided.
Shiratama Dango Mochi Dessert Class
- Cancellations are not refundable.
- Confirmed booking may be transferred to another equivalent class if more than 7 days’ notice is given in writing to email@example.com or here.
- Confirmed bookings can be transferred to another person if more than 2 days’ notice is given in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or here.
- Chika’s reserves the right to cancel any classes if the minimum number of participants were not fulfilled by 7 days prior to a class. Chika’s also reserves the right to alter or cancel a class without notice. Options of rescheduling to other class or a full refund will be offered in the event that the class is cancelled. For those who booked the class with a gift voucher, a new voucher will be issued.
- We do our best to accommodate certain dietary requirements, however it is not possible to meet all the requirements within a particular class structure. If you have any dietary restrictions, please contact us prior to booking.
- All participants are required to read and follow the Covid-19 precautions.
- Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds, using soap and water at the start of class.
- Wear provided gloves and face mask throughout the class.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then discard the tissue, otherwise cough/sneeze into your elbow.
- Wash your hands after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing, or using the toilet during the class.
- Stay at home if you are unwell even you have a mild symptoms or feel a little unwell.
- Arrive on time for your class to minimise contact and to maximise the 2.5 hours class time.
- To support Victorian Department of Health and Human Services' contact tracing procedure, Chika's will collect all participants' name and contact phone number. If you make a booking for more than 2 person or on behalf of an actual participant, you will be required to provide contact details of the participant(s) prior to the class. We'll get in touch with you by email to collect the details once your booking is confirmed.